Visa requirements for japan
If students like choice japan for their study first you can find a school that fits your study style. At Gaijin Pot we work closely with all our partner schools to make sure that we find the right school for you based on your language level, study habits and which city you want to study in japan.
- Complete the student visa application form that we send to you.
- Fill out the inquiry form at Gaijin Pot Student Placement Program.
- Submit all the required documents (see below) to the Gaijin Pot Student Coordinator by the application deadline.
- Once we have received all the required documents, we will send everything to the school.
- The school will then submit the visa application to the Immigration Bureau in Japan on your behalf.
- Be patient as it takes 2-to-3 months for Immigration to approve a visa application and issue the COE.
- Once the Immigration Bureau approves your visa application, the school will send you the Certificate of Eligibility (COE).
- Once you receive the COE, take it and the visa application form (obtained from the Japanese embassy in your country), photos and valid passport to the Japanese embassy or consulate in your city.
- The Embassy will issue you the actual student visa which can take anywhere from 3 – 7 days.
- You are now in possession of a brand new Japanese student visa!
Important documents for application
- Student Application Form
- Eight identical ID Photos (4cm high × 3cm wide)
- Passport photocopy
- Academic documents
- Proof of financial viability
You can use the following documents to prove you have sufficient funds to support yourself.
- Bank statements
- Income statements
- Financial Aid award letter
- Scholarship award letters
- Letter of sponsorship